Bringing it home
The bright new technologically advanced Fort Loudoun Medical Center offers:
- Access to many new specialists.
- More sophisticated care and medical procedures. With 12 emergency suites, we have a greater emergency capacity than some Knoxville hospitals. That means quicker, easier access when time is critical.
- A helipad for emergency transportation.
- State-of-the-art imaging, including MRI, CAT, X-ray and nuclear medicine tests to help keep patients in the best of health. A women’s imaging division offers mammograms, ultrasounds and bone density tests.
Building on history
Covenant Health has been committed to Loudon County since 1988. The new Fort Loudoun Medical Center, a $29 million facility, replaced Fort Sanders Loudon Medical Center, which was located in Loudon and served the community for many years.
The new Fort Loudoun Medical Center is one of nearly 30 member organizations of Covenant Health, which includes acute care facilities, outpatient clinics, specialty and home care, and other services. Covenant brings a tradition of quality to the communities we serve.
Fort Loudoun Medical Center Highlights
- An 87,000-square-foot facility, with a two-story medical office building next door
- 50 beds with all-new bedside charting technology
- State-of-the-art imaging: CT, MRI, radiology, nuclear medicine, and mammography. A Picture Archiving and Communications System allows for the capture, storage and transmittal of images by computer.
- Emergency Department complete with 12 suites including pediatrics, cardiac/trauma, orthopedic, cast, and gynecology
- All new surgical suites for endoscopy; ear, nose and throat; gynecology; ophthalmology; orthopedic; podiatry; pulmonology, and general non-invasive procedures
- Women’s Imaging Division offering mammography, ultrasound and bone density testing
- Private family waiting areas in each unit
- Central registration
- Spacious private and semi-private rooms
- Full-service cafeteria with exciting new menus
- Private chapel
- Helipad for emergency transportation
- An increasing number of physicians representing a growing list of specialties
Welcome to Fort Loudoun Medical Center – offering hometown, high-tech healthcare. If you have questions about how Fort Loudoun Medical Center can serve your individual needs, call 865-271-6000.